Wednesday 19 May 2010

And now for something completely different......

.....well sort of.  Instead of my usual illustration posts of late I came across some old paintings I did as part of a course years ago that I thought I'd show you.  They're abstract paintings, not my usual style but I like the freedom of creating a random picture and seeing what happens as you go. 

Here's what I came up with.

This is my favourite, I was really pleased with how this one turned out.


Can you see a monkey face in this one?  It wasn't intentional but I can see it in red above the three white splodges at the bottom of the painting.


This one looks a bit like a landscape to me, or reflections on water?


This was done using the same technique as the red and green one above, but using four bold colours.

All these paintings were made using acrylic paint and without a paintbrush in sight, only a palette knife, so lots of scaping paint over the canvas in various directions, it's amazing what effects it can create. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails