Thursday 13 August 2009

Brain Itch

I woke up this morning with a song in my head, as I woke I found myself repeating the chorus of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi over and over, rather annoying! I don't even recall hearing that song yesterday but somehow my internal jukebox decided to select that song. This seems to happen to me a lot, waking up with a song in my head.

I got to thinking about how songs get stuck in your head and decided to look in to it. I found this article on the BBC website which explains all about it. Apparently it's called a brain itch (or earworms which sounds gross!) it seems once you get a brain itch the only way to scratch it is to repeat the song over and over! And women are more susceptible to them than men.

So, does anyone have a song playing in their head today?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thankfully none! And I don't want to try and remember the last one that got stuck in my head just in case it decides to come back!!!

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just wanted to stop by and leave you a comment because I've really enjoyed reading your lovely posts. Your pictures are fantastic too - thank you for sharing your writing !

Jessica said...

Thanks Elsie for your lovely comments, I'm glad to hear someone's enjoying my ramblings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails